Wanna get your weekly cultural fix? How about watching Philippine folk dances for free? The Philippine Embassy in Korea invites you to experience Philippine local culture through folk dances! Being an archipelago, the Philippines each has a different kind of folk dance per region. Each one is as unique and special as the other. These dances will be performed by the world-renowned FEU Dance Company, who performed during the Cheonan World Dance Festival.
Check out their dance line-up for the performance:
- IFUGAO DANCE RAGRAGSAKAN- This dance is about Ifugao maidens carrying pots of waters along the rice terrace trails
- UYAUY- An ifugao dance showing the skills of indigenous men and women
- KARATONG- A traditional bamboo dance made to celebrate the blossoming of mango trees
- MORIONES- A religious parade dance depicting a Biblical story during Jesus’ crucifixion
- MARANAW SUITE- Muslim-inspired dance from Southern Philippines
- HIPHOP BRAVO- A modern dance showcasing Filipino versatility
Click here for a sneak peek of this very talented group!
Awesome! Drop by the Philippine Embassy on October 13, 2015 at 2PM!
Shall we see you there? 😉